1. FIELD NOTES CARRIER/WALLET Mountain Face Leather Goods makes quality, purpose-built leather goods. This field notes carrier and wallet combo is perfect for those with the active, on-the-go lifestyle that wish to combine things into one easy carrier. Hand-stitched, this piece will take the abuse and help keep you organized. instagram.com/mtnface_ leather_goods.
2. ZIPPERED HANDBAG This zippered handbag from Jack Lloyd’s Dower is truly a piece of art, and the vegetable tanned leather will age beautifully with time. You don’t see a ton of zippers in leatherwork, so you know there is a ton of patience and attention to detail here. dower.co.
3. STRIPED JOURNAL COVER I love the contrast canvas stripe paired with leather on this journal cover from Authentic Sundry. I just like when textiles are complemented with leather, and this piece has it. It’s easy, fits a 4.5-by-6.5-inch journal, and inserts can be picked up at Barnes and Noble. etsy.com/shop/authenticsundry.
4.LEATHER FILLION Little Mountain Bindery’s high-quality, oil-tanned leather Fillion is a refillable diary, and much more. Once you’ve filled a notebook or calendar, just slip it off its elastic and pop in a new one. The Fillions and pocket inserts are designed to work with all three sizes of Moleskine notebooks and planners. littlemountainbindery.com.
5. LEATHER BACKPACK This backpack is just the coolest— constructed with new leather, vintage cowboy chaps and belt straps. Using vintage leather adds to the beauty and character of each piece, making it totally oneof- a-kind. The bag is hand-sewn, the straps are attached by hand using copper rivets, and two vintage Navajo rings have been added for beautiful detail. joebrogdon.com.
6. LEATHER BELT WITH BRASS BUCKLE This is American Native’s standard 1.5-inch leather belt with a solid brass buckle. It’s cut from American leather and tanned at Hermann Oak in St. Louis. We try to source as much as we can from the U.S., as close as we can. Clean lines and simplicity are key in this belt, and the natural vegetable tanned leather will patina with wear, making the belt uniquely yours. americannativegoods.com.
MEET THE CURATOR
American Native, founded by brothers Bobby and Clayton (pictured) Chamberlain, is a company rooted in the ideals of beauty, quality and functionality. The company makes products here in the U.S., with attention to craft and detail. Though born and raised in Oklahoma, Fayetteville is where the brothers call home. Their joy for the hands-on approach to creating beautiful things with hand, heart and attention to quality continues. americannativegoods.com.