1. MOUNTAIN VALLEY SPRING WATER This mineral-rich water is bottled right from the natural springs of the Spa City. Drinking it is about as close to nature as you can get. The still water is fantastic, but if you want to try something new, check out the sparkling varieties with flavor essence like blackberry pomegranate. mountainvalleyspring.com.
2. OZARK BEER COMPANY’S IPA A lower alcohol classic American style IPA. This beer has notes of pineapple, mango and pine. All hops are sourced from a single farm in Oregon. Ozark Beer Company’s simple commitment to quality over quantity shows in every beer they make. ozarkbeerco.com.
3. MONIKER FERMENTS’ KOMBUCHA Moniker Ferments is a small Fayettevillebased Kombucha company. Kombucha is a healthy and delicious fermented tea-based beverage that has seen tremendous growth over the past few years. Moniker Ferments sells cans as well as kegs to many cafe and bar establishments. monikerferments.com.
4. ONYX COFFEE LAB’S ETHIOPIA HAMBELA BUKU Hambela is a farm in the Guji zone of Ethiopia that I’ve visited the last two years, and have watched blossom into some of the best coffee from my favorite coffee growing region. This coffee comes in two different process—washed and natural—yielding clean, sweet, complex fruit notes. onyxcoffeelab.com.
5. KYYA CHOCOLATE ECUADORIAN SAUCE It’s smooth, rich chocolate sauce made in Elm Springs using cacao sourced from Ecuador. It has notes of dark red fruits with a slight winey aftertaste, and works great with dairy and espresso. kyyachocolate.com.
Jon Allen is the owner of Onyx Coffee Lab. He is the driving force behind Onyx’s mission to source the world’s best coffee and serve it in Northwest Arkansas. Much of his time is spent traveling to coffee-producing countries and buying coffee directly from farmers. Design and presentation are also two of his passions, and he combines those with coffee in the labs located in Fayetteville, Springdale, Bentonville and forthcoming in Rogers. Outside of work he likes spending time with his wife and his 2-year-old daughter.